Erin is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a certification that less than 1% of the attorneys in Texas hold. Erin Bogdanowicz has dedicated 100% of her practice to helping families going through a family related legal dispute. Erin is also a member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. Erin handles cases in all areas of domestic and family law, including divorce, child custody, child support, premarital and post marital agreements, grandparents’ rights, restraining and protection orders, adoptions, collaborative law, and modifications. Erin is also a certified family law mediator.
Ms. Bogdanowicz earned her law degree from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law. While there, she graduated with the honor of Order of Barristers, which is only awarded to 10 law school graduates from each institution each year. She was also on the Dean’s List, was the Managing Editor of the Science and Technology Law Review, sat on the Board of Advocates as its interscholastic director and was an active participant in the school’s mock trial program. Prior to law school, Ms. Bogdanowicz graduated summa cum laude from St. Edward’s University with an undergraduate degree in political science.
Erin is married and has two little girls of her own, so she truly understands the importance of family and what it takes to protect it. She spends her free time traveling with her family and trying various adventurous activities with friends.
Awards and Recognitions
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers, 2021-2022
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2022
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers Under 40, 2020-2022
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers® Magazine, 2014-2022
- Up-and-Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022 Texas Super Lawyers® Magazine
- Up-and-Coming 100: 2017, 2021, 2022 Texas Rising Stars, Texas Super Lawyers® Magazine
- Top Lawyers, Collin County Local Profile Magazine, 2020-2022
- Lawyers of Distinction—Family Law, as published in The National Law Journal, 2019
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney, Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2017
- 10 Best Attorneys in Texas for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015-2019
- Superb Rated Attorney, Avvo
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Texas Under the Age of 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- “One to Watch,” Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, October 2013
- Evidence, Speaker, Family Law Essentials—Giving Back to Your Community Presented by The Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Zoom Webinar, May 7, 2021
- Rule 11 Agreements—the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Speaker, Collin County Bench Bar, Presented by the Collin County Bar Association, Glenrose, Texas, May 17, 2019
- Presenting the Protective Order Case, Speaker, Family Law Essentials—Giving Back to Your Community Presented by The Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Midland, Texas, June 15, 2018
- Retirement Benefits, Speaker, Family Law Essentials—Giving Back to Your Community Presented by The Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Sherman, Texas, May 18, 2018
- Therapist Testimony: When Confidentiality Goes Out The Window, Speaker, Legal Beagle-World Tour 2017, Practice Mentors (providing continuing education for mental health professionals), October 27, 2017
- Client Control For Young Lawyers, Panel Speaker, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers continuing education course, May 18, 2017
- Dealing with Pro Se Litigants, Speaker, Advanced Family Law Course, 101 Boot Camp Course, San Antonio, Texas, August 2, 2015
- Judging a Book by Its Cover—Putting Your Best Professional Food Forward, Moderator and Organizer, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers continuing education panel, Dallas, Texas, May 28, 2014
- DAYL Panel Discussion for Judicial Interns, Speaker, Dallas, Texas, July 10, 2013
- The Practice of Law, Speaker, SMU ΦAΔ, Dallas, Texas, October 29, 2012
- Dealing with Pro Se Litigants, co-author with Honorable Tena Callahan and Kay Redburn, Advanced Family Law Course, 101 Boot Camp Course, San Antonio, Texas, August 2, 2015
- Locking the Deal: Rule 11, Informal Settlement Agreements, MSAs and Arbitration Agreements, Co-Author with Natalie L. Webb, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, Dallas, Texas December 5-6, 2013
- Drafting Settlement Agreements: Rule 11 Agreements, MSAs, and Arbitration Agreements, Co-Author with Natalie L. Webb, Advanced Family Law Course, San Antonio, Texas, August 5-8, 2013.
- Making Partner Before 30: Thinking Outside of the Billable Hour Box, The Dicta, Vol. 30, No. 1, January 2013
- State of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Southern Methodist Dedman School of Law, J.D.
St. Edward’s University, B.A.
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- State Bar of Texas—Family Law Section
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Curt Henderson American Inn of Court
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association—Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association—Family Law Section
- Tarrant County Bar Association—Family Law Section
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation, Board Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers 2008-2016 (2012 Leadership Class)